We are delighted to invite you to take out membership to Shira for 2017-2018.
Shira depends almost entirely on financial membership to run as a shule, and we ask everyone who attends services on the High Holy Days to take out membership. By taking out membership, you are supporting the only inclusive Orthodox minyan in Melbourne where both women and men are active participants.
Following on from last year we are retaining some fixed seating for those who prefer it, but we’ve moved things around a bit following feedback. There is lots of choice, with fixed or traditional ‘freerange’ Shira style.
- a fixed seat (which will have your name); or
- to sit in an area with no fixed seats, with seating available each service on a first-come first-served basis.
- Adults: $405 plus $25 security levy
- Full time students (13+): $140
- Children (under 13): $85
- Children attending High Holiday children's programs only: 1 child: $36; two or more children in same household: $55
Children's programs - enrolment required
Please note that for the first time ALL childrenmust be enrolled to attend programs at Shira, to ensure the quality and safety of our children's programs. We have created a very fair pricing option for children attending only on high holidays. If your child attends Shira programs through the year please take the regular child membership so that we can continue to provide weekly services. There will be a separate space for children not enrolled in the program to play, with their parents present.
In response to feedback we are offering a reduction in membership to households taking membership for three or more children/students. If this applies you may wish to apply the promotional code "shira8" for an 8% reduction on your family's total membership. This is not available for families taking the children's High Holiday only program option which already has a discount for more than one child.
If financial circumstances make membership difficult, please contact us to discuss alternative payment arrangements.
As in the past, people who do not take financial membership will not be excluded from attending Shira.
How to Book – please read this before you register:
Have ready all required information for anyone for whom you are booking. We ask for information including Hebrew names, birthdays and anniversaries. This is useful for us to have but you do not need to provide it if you have provided it previously.
Look at the floorplan (next page) and choose your preferred section:
- Children High Holiday only
- Members - no fixed seats: Members can sit anywhere within this section on a first come, first served basis each service.
- Members - fixed seats: You will be able to choose your seat using a self-service online seating plan which corresponds with the floorplan. Your seat in shule will then have your name.
For membership without fixed seats, nominate the number of memberships you want and then complete registration and payment.
For fixed seats, please note that men and women sit in separate sections so you will need to first select seats for women/girls. After registering each member you will be taken to the checkout. Don’t complete payment but click on “Continue shopping: This event” as shown below and then select seats for any men/boys and complete registration.
Check carefully before you pay that you have the right number of men’s and women’s seats. You can make changes any time until you pay by removing items from the checkout, and you can add memberships by clicking on 'Continue shopping: This event'. If you realise you have made a mistake after you have paid, please contact us.
- Keep a record of your seat numbers by printing or storing the ticket you receive. There will also be lists with names and corresponding seat numbers, in shule.
Click here to take out Shira 2017-18 membership.
If you would like to make a donation in addition to your membership contribution, please click here.