Shira Hadasha Child Protection Policy
1. Shira Hadasha seeks to create a space for children to feel safe and secure at all times.
2. All children who attend Shira Hadasha services or functions are to remain in the care and control of their parents/guardians. It is the responsibility of parents/guardians to ensure that their children are safe and secure at all times.
3. Shira Hadasha does not offer child minding services. A parent/guardian is required to be in the presence of their children at all times. A parent/guardian may appoint another person to care for their child at Shira Hadasha however Shira Hadasha is not responsible for the safety or security of the child in these circumstances.
4. Parents/guardians are required to accompany their children to use the toilet facilities and to change their own children’s nappies/clothes where appropriate. A parent/guardian may appoint another person undertake these duties however Shira Hadasha is not responsible for the safety or security of the child in these circumstances.
5. Shira Hadasha provides child education services. All educators/facilitators who are aged over 18 years old are required to have a valid Working With Children’s check. Likewise, any person aged over 18 engaged by Shira Hadasha to work with children who attend Shira Hadasha are required to have a Working With Children’s Check.
6. Shira Hadasha children’s services and programs will take place in rooms where the door will remain open at all times.
7. Any parent/guardian/child educator/facilitator or observer who notices concerning behavior in relation to the care and safety of a child while at Shira Hadasha, is to report concerns to the President of Shira Hadasha immediately. The President will determine the appropriate course of action. In the event where criminal offences are suspected, the Victoria Police will be contacted immediately.
8. The Child Protection Policy will be displayed on the Shira Hadasha noticeboard and emailed to the parents of children who regularly attend Shira Hadasha services/programs.